Keyword Research – Tips for Researching keywords
Table of Contents
Specialists in the area know that keyword research is not something you do just once and then forget about it.
It is a task that you must do regularly. Thus, periodic keyword research will help you stay aware of what is happening in your environment. Remember that.
If you are not aware of what is happening to your audience, you risk losing it.
Tips for researching keywords
Keyword research is very dynamic and allows you to keep up with a business’s needs audience.
Therefore, you should start to do a little more research on the relevant topics in your industry.
At this point, you will find some tips to help you conduct a beneficial investigation.
1. Find out the right keywords to position yourself:
- SEMrush is a great tool to discover which keyword you can rank and who you are competing against.
- With that information, you will only have to go to Google Analytics to find your positioning keywords.
- Besides, which ones you should change, add or modify to a better position. SEMrush and the Google AdWords Keyword Planner are great for finding related keywords.
- In SEMrush, you can select “Related Keywords” from the menu on the screen’s left side.
- However, only the first 10 results are free, and if you want more products, you will have to pay for the service.
- Once you have your keyword, you must go to the Google planner, select ” Search keyword and obtain data on search volume .
- ” Then, fill in the data and, immediately, you will be presented with a list with the related keywords.
2. Research the keywords that your competitors are exploitation:
One strategy that everyone uses is to research the keywords of the competition. One trick to achieve this is to look at your competitor’s source code to know which keyword they are targeting.
To see the source code, you can use these keyboard shortcuts that depend on the browser you use:
- Chrome – Press CTRL + U (PC) or Option + Command + U (Mac).
- Firefox – Press CTRL + U (PC) or Command + U (Mac).
- Edge – Press CTRL + U or right-click and then “View Source.”
- Safari – Press Option + Command + U.
When you see the source code, you will have the title, the description, and a lot of metadata.
The H1 and H2 tags stand out, where you will surely see the keywords that your competition is using.
3. Google is a great ally:
- In this topic, Google’s tools to investigate are essential. In this regard, the search engine’s autocompleted allows you to know which searches are the most popular with any term.
- Each suggestion of related terms is a potential keyword that you can use for your website.
- The search engine helps you discover who your competition is and all this without leaving the first page.
4. Use a thesaurus:
- So far, we have talked about potent online tools, but one that existed long before the internet cannot be overlooked.
- It is a thesaurus. A search through a thesaurus allows you to dig into any keyword research.
- If you search the synonyms of a word, you can find six equivalents, and you just increased your list of keywords six times!
Also Read: Keyword Stuffing – Terms of SEO and More