Link Juice – Types of Link Juice, Quality, and More
In terms of SEO, you’ve probably heard of the so-called Link Juice, which is essential in positioning your content in search engines.
Link Juice is a technique based on SEO (Search Engine Optimization, Search Engine Optimization).
Which consists of adding authority to various links or URLs, all through internal links. It means that when you link to a URL on your website, some of its relevance is conveyed.
What is Link Juice for?
- This quality link building strategy is essential for increasing a page’s ranking. It is not the only method you have for this, but it is crucial.
- It is why you have to make the content on your site relevant to search engines.
- To achieve a good web positioning, you will require time and effort. You may even think that the more links there are in your content.
- The better positioned you will be, gaining relevance in the search engine.
- But this is not entirely true since if you have low-quality links or links to pages with poor content, your site’s ranking will be lower than usual.
- Remember that quality always precedes quantity. That is why having a value-added page is vital so that it positions in the first places of search engines, in this case, Google.
- Even more so when there are millions of websites and just by typing a keyword, you will have results from millions of alternatives.
Types of Link Juice
- There are currently 2 types or methods of implementing Link Juice for your websites. All of them are based on linking pages with quality content.
- The first type is the internal Link Juice, which links content on the same web page.
- If you take a blog where you publish posts, the inner Link Juice consists of connecting one or more internal pages of your site in the same position. These are also called inbound links.
- Now, the external Link Juice tries to transfer authority to URLs, not on your website or blog.
When you write some content and link to a website that is not yours, these are also called outgoing links.
Determine the quality of the links
This web positioning technique does not consider the number of links but their quality when internally linking content from your website.
For this reason, you must be clear about how value is added to links so that their quality increases.
The relevance of content:
- The content you publish and submit to web positioning must be relevant for the Google algorithm to designate it.
- It means that if you are writing a technical article and linking it to a health website, the content will be irrelevant.
- If you do, Google will detect this type of incoherent linking quickly and subtract points in the positioning ranking.
- It will not provide value to the content, and therefore, it will not transfer authority.
Domain quality in Link Juice:
- In this case, you must find out the quality of the web pages you want to link to improve the positioning.
- In this sense, the quality of the domain is measured with scores.
- If you see a site with more than 30 points, it is a valuable quality page, while a score greater than 50 is a site of optimal level.
- Trusted web pages create authority when it comes to rankings. In this way, the transfer of power to your page will be a little more equitable.
- Ultimately, you have to start with links that go to established websites instead of new ones because it can take a little longer to generate the necessary trust.
- The blogs and other web pages on the internet measure the quality of content and their monthly visitors.
- A dedicated page publishes posts with quality content, which does not generate visits to suspicious websites.
Location of links:
- The links you want to place on your site have to be employed naturally and intelligently. It is so that they can capture the attention of users quickly.
- As you can see, the links at the end of the page or those located in a sidebar do not have as much relevance as those that appear within the content you will publish.
- In this sense, your website’s architecture plays an essential role by naturally placing links within the content body.
- You will help Google determine which content is most helpful to users and readers.
The number of links:
- Remember that Link Juice is about link quality, not quantity. For this reason, there is no fixed number of links that you must insert in specific content so that your page improves the positioning.
- If you put many links in an article, some may get lost in it, and users do not click on it, which deteriorates the quality of search engine positioning.