Table of Contents
It is a fundamental fact since the excessive use of the same keyword is a reason for a penalty since it is considered a black hat SEO practice. Using the main keyword very little can also be negative since Google and other search engines may not accurately know what is being discussed in this text or on that web page.
The density of keywords or keyword density is a concept within digital content, closely linking to the SEO. It was an absolute positioning value that all web and blog writers watched closely a while ago. However, the other updates that have been of Google’s algorithms have left them with less weight.
What is keyword density?
- The [keyword density] is the percentage that indicates the ratio between the number of times a keyword seems compared to the total number of words with the text.
- For example, imagine writing a post about how digital transformation affects companies’ growth.
- Its importance in a globalized world and the keys to a digitization plan. Our keyword is “digital transformation.”
- The text is 1,500 words long, and the keyword appears 12 times. We can easily calculate and see that the [keyword density] is 0.8%. If it appeared 20 times, it would be 1.3%. If I did it 40 times, 2.6%.
Is there an ideal keyword density?
- No, far from it. Although some supposed SEO gurus recommend a specific density of keywords, it is not scientific and should be considered standard.
- There are articles or content that position with a low percentage of keywords and others. It is necessary to attack the keyword more vigorously to achieve a better place.
- Everything will depend on the type of content and what Google values to position it.
- Anyway, if you want an orientation, use a [keyword density] between 1.5 and 4%, always depending on the content type. That if n or never fall into the abuse of keywords or keyword stuffing.
- Also, look at how your competitors’ posts that best position for that word are making. You are sure to draw fascinating conclusions.
- But remember, there is no ideal [keyword density] percentage, as the well-known Matt Cutts explains below.
4 tools to calculate keyword density
There are several tools to check the percentage of times a particular word or term appears in a text.
Here we leave you with the best keyword density tools :
Yoast SEO: SEO plugin for WordPress. It shows the density of keywords when it is written in this CMS.
Keyword Density Checker: an online tool that measures the density and number of words in the title, meta description, content, etc.
Internet Marketing Ninjas: a tool that measures [keyword density] very quickly.
SEO book Keyword Density: this application allows you to know a large amount of data. [Keyword density] of the total text, headings, links, images, etc.