Keyword Density – 4 Tools to Calculate Keyword Density
The density of keywords or keyword density is a concept within digital content, closely linking to the SEO.
It was an absolute positioning value that all web and blog writers watched closely a while ago.
However, the other updates that have been of Google’s algorithms have left them with less weight.
What is keyword density?
- The [keyword density] is the percentage that indicates the ratio between the number of times a keyword seems compared to the total number of words with the text.
- For example, imagine writing a post about how digital transformation affects companies’ growth.
- Its importance in a globalized world and the keys to a digitization plan. Our keyword is “digital transformation.”
- The text is 1,500 words long, and the keyword appears 12 times. We can easily calculate and see that the [keyword density] is 0.8%. If it appeared 20 times, it would be 1.3%. If I did it 40 times, 2.6%.
Is there an ideal keyword density?
- No, far from it. Although some supposed SEO gurus recommend a specific density of keywords, it is not scientific and should be considered standard.
- There are articles or content that position with a low percentage of keywords and others. It is necessary to attack the keyword more vigorously to achieve a better place.
- Everything will depend on the type of content and what Google values to position it.
- Anyway, if you want an orientation, use a [keyword density] between 1.5 and 4%, always depending on the content type. That if n or never fall into the abuse of keywords or keyword stuffing.
- Also, look at how your competitors’ posts that best position for that word are making. You are sure to draw fascinating conclusions.
- But remember, there is no ideal [keyword density] percentage, as the well-known Matt Cutts explains below.
4 tools to calculate keyword density
There are several tools to check the percentage of times a particular word or term appears in a text.
Here we leave you with the best keyword density tools :
Yoast SEO: SEO plugin for WordPress. It shows the density of keywords when it is written in this CMS.
Keyword Density Checker: an online tool that measures the density and number of words in the title, meta description, content, etc.
Internet Marketing Ninjas: a tool that measures [keyword density] very quickly.
SEO book Keyword Density: this application allows you to know a large amount of data. [Keyword density] of the total text, headings, links, images, etc.